Monday, October 5, 2009

September

Go Cougars! Labor Day weekend we went to Dallas with the Skinners to see BYU pull out a win over OU. Kind of a rough game for Jared and I. Maren would start screaming if I even walked into the stadium so until the fourth quarter when she was so tired she couldn't even muster a complaint, Jared and I took turns roaming the corridors with her. Plus, it was kind of weird rooting for both teams. It was really a win-win for us, but we were a little sad to see OU lose a close one. Anyways, it was a fun weekend and thanks to a dear friend for watching my three oldest overnight :)





















Kaia and Brandt are busy with school and soccer. Brandt is a little disallusioned with school after finding out it's not all fun and games like preschool was. He said to me, "All I do is work Mom!" My reply..."Get used to it. Join the club." Tatum is starting to use the big potty more (hooray!), but still a long way off from wearing her princess panties she picked out. Maren has her two top teeth in now as well and is turning into a big time mommy's girl. She loves reading books and turning the pages as we go.





And finally the triathlon! My mom and dad came out to watch the kids and spend a week with us (thank you, thank you!) and Jared and I did our little sprint triathlon. I got confused during the race and missed 3 or 4 miles of the bike portion which I was pretty ticked off about at the end when I found out, but we had so much fun! I think it will become a tradition for us every year. And I had a lot of fun training with Jared and my home girls. Now if we could just get those road bikes we've been coveting...


A few co-trainees...and some of my all-time favorite gals




Anyone else have problems with grainy pics?? Maybe I'm running out of allotted memory??

So I know this is a short post, but I am tired and needed to get something on here quick. Be better next month!



8 comments:

danberg said...

what a short post -- i need more! and tatum looks sooooo like kaia in that picture (maybe a bit more cheeks, but a lot like kaia).

Megan said...

I was going to say the same thing about the picture of Tatum, she looks a lot like Kaia

The Wright Fam said...

I always love your fam updates!! By the way, I can't believe Tatum is starting to get potty trained!!! I am so jealous...do you need your potty baby?! I can run it to you anytime!! I wish I could say I was done with potty training and didn't need it anymore!!

Kelly said...

YEAH! loved the pics but yeah it was way too short! Remember how you have called me two or three times in the last week and a half. Crap. Im bad at returning phone calls now-a-days. Love you. Talk to you soon. Actually, talk to you in a minute.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats on the triathlon! Not sure how OK's craigslist is, but you can find some pretty good deals on bikes online.

Good luck with the potty training. One in diapers is enough!!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Oh, and when you figure out why the graininess, can you let me know. My pictures are all showing up grainy too. At first I thought it was my camera, but the original pics don't look like that on the computer, just when they're loaded onto the blog. I'll wait for your computer genius to figure it out!

Celeste said...

You know what Layn said to me after seeing this post? "Tatum is the cutest little girl I have ever seen."

Yes she is a doll, there is no doubt about it. She knows it too :)

We're sitting here at the airport in FL waiting for our flight home to AZ. What a fun (and quick) trip down to Dallas. We cannot wait to see you guys soon. Love you all.

Celeste said...

Ah, and way to go on your sprint triathlon! Let me know how your next one goes. You are my hero :)