Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October

Let's see, this month we built a sandbox, visited family in Arkansas, had family visit from Utah, bought three goldfish, flushed three goldfish, enjoyed the fabulous fall weather, had a trip to the ER for some bleeding tonsils, Maren learned to wave, and we all ate lots of candy.

We all helped design and build a sandbox for the backyard. Can you believe it needed 1.5 TONS of sand when all was said and done!? We had so much fun doing it, and even more playing in it. The kids literally spend hours out there on sunny days and it's totally worth the sand I am always sweeping up from the floors, wiping off little toes and shaking out of pockets.



IMG_9868

Enjoying the weather at the lake. It doesn't get any better than a weenie roast and s'mores, a beautiful "beach" and a playground!

IMG_9755

IMG_9798

IMG_9768

arcadia

For fall break we went to Arkansas to visit cousins and see some fall colors. We spent the weekend hiking and playing and the kids had such a fun time. Thanks Skinners!

brandtar

IMG_9826 maren

IMG_9860

For Halloween we went to the Storybook Forest instead of the pumpkin patch this year and loved it. (Sorry no pics) Then Uncles David and Travis came to visit which was so great. The kids adored them and they were a huge help to the momma! As you can see I had three "bumblebees." Not planned, that's just what they all ended up choosing. Of course Tatum had to be a princess. She is SO obsessed. She wants to watch princess movies all day. When she brushes her teeth she says, "I have pretty Belle teeth." When she brushes her hair she says, "I have pretty Belle hair." She crawls up next to me on the couch and sighs, saying "I am so, so pretty Mom." And because she is only two and right then she is the cutest thing ever, I put my arm around her and say, "Yes you are sweetie." Aren't they fun?

IMG_0180

IMG_0184

5 comments:

Kelly said...

SO fun! What fun things you guys do as a family. I hope we do stuff like that. I love that Jared is always so involved in the activities you guys do. Please bless that Rog picks a profession where he can be home to play a lot. Love you guys! See you soooon!!

danberg said...

So cute! I will have to get some princess stuff so Emmy and Tatum can dress up. Maybe Ty will too :) Emmy is obsessed with Ariel, so Belle and Ariel can be friends :)
I love how your neighborhood has so much recreation for your kids! That is awesome, and I hope to have the same someday! Can't wait to see you guys. Love you!!!

Celeste said...

Hahahahaha. I died laughing about Tatum's little conversations that she is so, so pretty. She is a firecracker.

I'm jealous, a sandbox? I'll bet that was tons of fun building it and Brandt was probably enthralled with every step. Ty would love one of those in our backyard. Who knew you'd need that much sand?! Sheesh. Can't wait to see you guys. Best of luck on the drive ;)

Jenga said...

Be honest, that sandbox is really a giant litter box for Jared.

Mark

Holly said...

That sandbox ROCKS!