So long and farewell......................

You were the perfect little home for us right up until Number Four came along. We just outgrew you, but made lots of memories and shared lots of laughter and love in six years. We put a lot of work into you and left you a better house, so goodbye is bittersweet. There are LOTS of things we'll miss:
- Location, location, location! We were close to everything!
- The HUGE covered patio
- Riding our bikes down to the donut shop at the end of our street on Donut Saturdays
- Kite Park
- Christmas lights at Nichols Hills
- Shaved ice at the shack down the street during those hot summer days
- Freeway access!
- No construction
- Miss Hudson and Nichols Hills Elementary
- Lake Hefner down the road--all the miles jogged with the double stroller, the trails biked, the shores sailed (and capsized!), the many sunsets at the lighthouse (at Brandt Point) and the thousands of rocks thrown into the waves by the kiddos.
- Big Sky Bread Co. (I may be making special trips down there just for you!)
- The train. Although you always seemed to come at the worst possible time (like on our way to church or when I'm running late to an appt.), the kids were so happy to watch and count cars, so I suppose we'll miss ya.

Hello Edmond! Yep, we are all moved in. Well, at least we have moved all our stuff into the new house and garage--it's still a mess. I don't think I ever want to move again. What a nightmare--I honestly don't think I have ever been so stressed--but we are slowly getting settled in and love our new home and neighborhood. The kids are loving all the new space too, although they are still all in one room sleeping. Go figure. If you want to see the new digs, come and visit! We have plenty of room for ya now! :-)
Well, the kids are out of school and celebrated a great year. Kaia had an end-of-the-year play which was so cute. She is going to miss her friends and school, but is also looking forward to making some new friends next year.

Brandt also celebrated his birthday. Five years old! He is really into Star Wars legos so that is basically all he got. He's a little genius putting those things together. He enrolled at kindergarten for next year and is so excited.
And Happy Mother's Day--isn't my hubby sweet and creative? :)
Tatum is having fun with our new stairs. If you see some clothes hanging from the chandelier when you visit, you'll know right where they came from. Maren is just growing up so fast. She's getting pretty quick with her hands and will grab anything close by. And of course it goes straight to her mouth. Just a sweetheart.
We have a tradition of celebrating Cinco de Mayo with our good friends the Christensens. (What are we going to do with our holidays and weekends when you guys move??) Tacos, pinatas, tres leches, a little music, a little dancing :) Fun times. The pinata is always the highlight. Captain Jack got beheaded this year...
Last but not least, amid the chaos, Jared and I took a night out to see the Lion King which was fantastic. The costumes were one of the most creative things I have ever seen.

Sorry a late post, but things have been so crazy busy. Grandma and Grandpa are finally in town to help me get everything in order again!

Sorry a late post, but things have been so crazy busy. Grandma and Grandpa are finally in town to help me get everything in order again!
7 comments:
fun! i would come visit, if i could afford it. even if emmy weren't an extra ticket, but i can't imagine coming without her. everytime i talk about oklahoma she interrupts and asks, is that where my friends live, huh mom? I always tell her, yes, that is where your friends, your cousins live. she still calls you uncle rachel too! too funny, that emmy! love you guys.
how FUN! I cant wait to see the house! Post pics as soon as you can. I cant even imagine moving all you guys!! ha! I am dreading this move for just us two! I just started a few days ago and I thought to myself "Hmmm, maybe not as fun as I thought it would be". The kids are looking SO old and so big!! Sheesh! We need to come out and visit... love you and miss you all!!
this is Kelly BTW.. oops, not RBentley
I can only imagine how crazy things have been. Glad you have mom and dad there now to help out.
Maren looks SO different to me in that picture than she did in last month's post. Our babies are growing too fast :) I miss you guys. Layn and I (and our kids of course) will probably make it out there sometime this Fall (during his Fall Break) for a little road trip. I can't wait to see your new house. Mom said I would just love it! Love you all. Send the kids our love.
congrats on the new house and finally getting settled in!
Congrats on the new house! Hopefully it won't take to long to really feel like home!
Congrats on the new house! I'm jealous you guys are all moved in. We are still ripping things up and fixing them before we get all moved in. Currently waiting on the hardwoods to be refinished. And all our stuff is spread between 3 different houses. We just keep telling ourselves only a few more weeks.
Post a Comment