
We have been assimilated! Yes, we are officially bloggers now. We keep thinking we will be moving closer to family soon and will see everyone more often, but who knows if or when we ever will! So this is to answer the many requests to keep extended family updated on the kiddos. This month started off in Arizona, visiting grandparents and cousins. The kids had a grand old time, despite the pool being too cold to swim in. We went to museums, the arboretum, the train park (Brandt's first destination request--I think he rode the train 5 times!) and even did a little hiking. We basically just enjoyed the great weather!


Coming back home on the airplane was a little easier for mommy too because Uncle Roger and Aunt Kelly traveled back with us for a visit. We took them to the science museum, the Oklahoma City bombing memorial, and the zoo while they were in town. Roger brought his Wii, and Kaia and Brandt had quite the experience bowling as you can see...we had so much fun with Rog and Kelly--thanks for coming guys! We love having visitors!


We had a great Easter complete with coloring eggs and an easter egg hunt. I hate coloring eggs because I hate the smell of hard-boiled eggs. It makes me gag. The sacrifices I make for my kids...I guess it runs in the family because when I set the eggs on the table to color Kaia asked if that smell was Tatum or the eggs. When we were done and they ended up the in trash an hour later because no one would try them, Kaia kept walking through the kitchen and saying (word for word), "Mom, those eggs in the trash smell absolutely NASTY." So I had to take the trash out a little early on Easter... Tatum was a big fan of the Easter candy--she kept following Kaia and Brandt around saying, "Mo, mo."
(see video)
Okay, I am not stretching the truth in the least bit, but in a span of two weeks, Tatum has cut SIX teeth! So sleeping patterns have been a little crazy, and she has been pretty emotional, but we're dealing with it. Tatum is at a fun age--her personality shines a little more each day. She is a lot like her older brother--short attention span, extremely active and such a tease. Add a huge appetite and a(n) (over)dose of tantrums and drama and there she is. She is so darn cute though. And she knows it. She loves to sneak up on Brandt or Kaia and tackle them from behind. Kaia is still my superstar. I swear I could have 10 kids (okay, not physically...) if they were all like her. She has lost three teeth and two more are loose. She is also getting her molars, so between her, Tatum and Dr. Smith, our life revolves around teeth :) Brandt runs and jumps everywhere...if I could just figure out how to bottle that energy, I could really use a swig every morning... He can't bring himself to take 30 seconds out of his valuable day to go use the bathroom, so it's pretty comical to watch him dance, run and shake until he cannot put it off any longer (or we have an accident). He still loves trains and has nicknamed his little sister the "tank engine." Until April...


12 comments:
Yeaaahhh!! I love the post! We laughed really hard at that video!! We had so much fun with the all of you! Cant wait for next months post ;)
So cute! Glad you've joined the blogging cult!
cute! that video is hilarious! glad to see that you've assimilated to our kind, it is better here :)
You are the best and I am so glad you have finally gone to the dark side.. Just kidding. It is just nice to be part of your day to day life and feel close even though there are miles and miles between us... I love you all and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about you all. love ya, always. Nanny
I love the blog! I still need to come over sometime so you can teach me more about the "html" world! hehe! :-)
Yea!! I can finally see how you are all doing! The kids have gotten so big. I can totally relate to the teething, it is tough going through it. The video was adorable!
Welcome to the blogging world. Never say never. Glad you guys have a blog now and Ty & us can see regular pics of the kiddos! Love you and looking forward to seeing y'all in July (you too Jared)! Bring it on in Hi-Lo.
LOVE the new look!!! I am so excited to try out more Adobe stuff! I am so lame, but thanks for understanding my new digital obsession! lol!!
Cute blog - your kids are so cute and of course the best behaved kids I've ever seen in all my life. Talk to you soon.
Geez Rachel, for someone who doesn't have time to blog you sure have added a lot of photoshopped images to your blog lately! Guess you found some time somewhere! Love seeing the pictures you've posted, Emmy loves seeing pictures of familiar faces. :)
PS
i love the pics on the side...
Glad you started blogging, even if it is only a monthly thing. You have such a cute little family. I'm excited to see you soon!
Post a Comment